The Clintons: Which one still has a trick up their sleeve?
The most significant handshake of the night was indeed between a Clinton and a Trump, although it was not between Donald and Hillary. Many viewers were discussing the pre-debate handshake between Donald Trump's wife, Melania Trump, and Former President Bill Clinton. It appeared as if there was a sense of calm before the storm, until it was found out that Bill had slipped Melania his hotel room card. Melania. Monica. Same thing.
![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: Jimmy Kimmel Live |
Trump: Stifled or sniffled?
As NBC opened the first debate, Donald Trump immediately took an offensive stance, questioning Hillary on her tax policies and how economists believe that it will simply contribute to the already growing debt. Despite the fact that Trump was portraying a favorable persona, audience members and television viewers came off as distracted, resulting from sniffled noises coming from Trump's microphone. I guess pneumonia spreads quicker than we thought...
![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: RBC Network Broadcasting |
Just as the viewing audience was beginning to enjoy a substantive debate, moderator Lester Holt decided to bring up a Donald Trump quote in which he implied that Secretary Clinton did not have a presidential appearance. Mr. Trump proceeded to defend his statement, clarifying that Mrs. Clinton does not have the stamina or temperament to be President for four to eight years. As a result, Merriam-Webster Dictionary reported a spike in the number of page views on Monday night.
![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary |
Trump: Weight for it...
Other hot topics included cyber-security, the recent controversy with police brutality, and combating terrorism. While Secretary Clinton blamed the recent DNC hackings on Russian spies, Donald Trump stated it could've been any major cyber-threat, including Russia, China, or "someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400-pounds." I was going to make a Rosie O'Donnell joke, although Mr. Trump managed to beat me to it. When pressed on his comments towards women, the Republican Nominee brought up her name all on his own.![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: Anderson |
Playing Defense: Hill-arious Clinton?
Later on in the debate, Secretary Clinton appeared almost giddy after an onslaught of accusations by Mr. Trump. In what came off as an attempt to buy her some time, Clinton rocked back and forth laughing for what was a solid five seconds. I mean c'mon, what's more appealing than someone wearing all red, laughing uncontrollably, for no apparent reason.![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: Bible Answers |
What would a Hillary Clinton debate be without bringing out the emails? After Lester Holt questioned Donald Trump about releasing his tax returns, he immediately reverted to questioning Secretary Clinton about releasing her emails. While each candidate was wondering what the other is hiding, America is wondering how we got stuck with the both of them.
![]() |
| Photo Drawn From: PBS NewsHour |






Great post! The material is relevant, fresh, and your humorous yet attentive tone brings the content to life. Much better than watching the news or reading a biased article, im looking forward to next week's post!
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you joked around throughout your whole news debriefing, it made it very interesting. I feel like a lot of words Trump used during this debate were looked up. I remember at one point hearing him say some word that I thought he was just making up, and then looked it up and saw that it was an actual word surprisingly. I really liked your post.
ReplyDeleteI liked how you added humor into while relaying fact. I also liked that you split them into categories and added a picture on each, it makes the post seem short and more interesting.
ReplyDeleteYour blog is absolutely great! The jokes, the sarcasm, and the info is so perfectly spread out it makes each post entertaining while also informative. The debate truly was a special one, alright. To a lot of people, it resembled something like little kids bickering on national television. Hopefully whichever individual is chosen by the public will be able to surround themselves with the correct advisors and make good decisions.
ReplyDeleteGreat commentary on the debate, adding humor and your own unique perspective. I like that you only focused on the debate this week and went into more detail. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog!
ReplyDeleteThis was an awesome post! I got some good and insightful commentary on the debate and didn't stop smiling the whole time (a definite rarity when it comes to coverage of this election). Great job!
ReplyDeleteI loved this post! I'm really into politics and was very excited about the debate, and this post did an excellent job of summarizing the debate in a humorous way. I loved the use of the pictures to enhance the post too. All around great.
ReplyDelete